We are highly respected among the international community and are proud to be the only institute of directors in the GCC to have been admitted as a member to the prestigious Global Network of Director Institutes.
As a member of GCC BDI, you would be part of this exclusive group of select individuals. You would have the opportunity to enhance your own skills and knowledge, whilst supporting GCC BDI in its mission to promote best practice in corporate governance and directorship across the region.
Please see below for more details of the GCC BDI membership categories available.
After attending one of our workshops, a participant is entitled to Associate Membership at no cost.
This is our entry level for membership and entitles an individual to designation as a member of a professional institute of board directors (A.GCC BDI), copies of our publications, access to our members’ only area on the website, professional development points for attending workshops and invitations to some of our GCC BDI events.
Associate Members can upgrade to Full Membership at any time, Please see below for further details.
This is our enhanced membership category and is available at a cost of USD500 per year. Please note that effective 1 January 2018 5% VAT will be applied to all membership fees.
Full Membership entitles an individual to the following benefits:
- Priority booking and discounts on our open enrolment workshops, including a 25% discount on one open workshop per annum (approximate value of USD500)
- Invitations to GCC BDI events, including our Networking Dinners
- Members are entitled to use the designation M.GCCBDI
- Subscription to our quarterly Al Majlis Newsletter
- Access to the Global Passport which is issued by the prestigious Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI) This is a global programme which provides members of GCC BDI with access to international director resources and events across the globe
- Access to the members’ only area on our website
- Free information and guidance services from GCC BDI on corporate governance and board issues, including best practices in accordance with national codes of corporate governance and OECD principles
- Receiving and participating in GCC BDI’s surveys, reports and research
- Free listing on our independent directors’ register, which will be launching in 2019, enabling companies to search for suitable director profiles for a small fee
- CPD points for all workshops attended
- GCC BDI membership card offering exclusive membership discounts and benefits from a wide variety of Membership Partners. This includes:
- Up to 40% discounts on director and executive coaching sessions
- 7.5% discount on D & O Insurance
- Special rates at the Ritz Carlton Dubai – DIFC
- 20% discounts (Suite) at Al Faisaliah Hotel, Riyadh, KSA
- 25% discounts on the joining fee for membership of the Captain’s Club Dubai and Bahrain
- 10% discounts on cruises and ad hoc travel specials
- 10% discounts on spa treatments when pre-booked and special membership offers at the Burj Al Arab, Dubai
Recommend us to your friends and colleagues
Why join GCC BDI?
Become part of a prestigious members-only network – we are the largest and most influential Institute of Directors in the GCC. Only applicants who are appropriately experienced will be accepted as members.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities – with over 1000 members, our events provide the opportunity to network with fellow directors, each with extensive experience of operating at the highest levels of business in the region.
- Advance your career and develop your professional skills – we run regular workshops on a wide variety of relevant topics, each designed to help directors and senior executives reach the highest professional standards.
- Stay up-to-date – members receive access to our suite of research and publications, enabling them to stay informed with respect to the most important issues affecting directorship and governance today.
- Promote board effectiveness across the GCC – our mission is to promote professional directorship and board effectiveness. As a not-for-profit company, our members support us in this objective and contribute to the advancement of standards of governance across the GCC.
- Information and guidance – as a GCC BDI member, we can provide you with guidance on a variety of corporate governance and board issues. This could include guidance on matters of best practice in accordance with national and international codes, or any other issues relating to corporate governance and board effectiveness.
Our membership programme is ever-evolving as we seek to expand the range of benefits we provide to our members.
Please contact Mr. Jo-shancy Bermudez, GCC BDI Relationship Manager at jo-shancy.bermudez@gccbdi.
We look forward to your subscription to ensure that GCC BDI supports Gulf economic development.