THE CHAIRMAN SUMMIT “Leading the Board through Changing Times”
Where: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia | When: 2 October 2016
By Invitation Only for Regional Chairmen – places are limited
This year’s flagship GCC BDI event is taking place during a time of great change for the region. The summit will shine a spotlight on how the oil kingdom’s ambitious Vision 2030 is set to transform the macro-economic landscape and open up growth opportunities for public and private sectors in the coming years.
The kingdom’s increased integration into global markets, evidenced by the opening up to foreign investment and the accession to the MSCI index, further adds to the changing mores of the country. In these times of flux, board directors will require expert guidance to continue operating efficiently and optimally.
This year’s summit will centre on the pivotal theme, ‘Leading In Changing Times’. And who better to guide Chairmen in times of flux than H.E. Minister Khalid Al-Falih, Chairman of Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest private company and an energy leader for more than eight decades?
H.E. Al Falih will lead the conference with a keynote speech, followed by two panels hosted by a high level group of international and regional experts. The event will also include networking breaks, giving the opportunity to meet with peers and exchange valuable ideas and contacts.
Several high-profile panelists from across the GCC will exchange and share their views on current issues and best practices related to board chairmen. This year’s panelists include:
- Peter Breen, Senior Partner, Board Practice and Chairman Middle East, Heidrick & Struggles
- Tarek Elmasry, Managing Director, McKinsey & Company, Middle East
- Khalid Al Faddgh, Board Audit Committee Member, Saudi Telecom Company
- Zeyad Khoshaim, Allen & Overy
- Taha El Kuwaiz Chairman, Derayah
- Mike Maddison, Partner PwC Middle East, Risk Assurance Services
- Sabah Al Moayyed, Managing Partner of Intellect Resources Management, Bahrain
- Lubna Qassim, Executive Vice President + Group General Counsel, Emirates NBD
- Simon Walker, Director General, Institute of Directors UK
They will cover such important topics such as:
- What skills do chairmen need to lead the board in these challenging times?
- What do Boards need to focus on to attract investment?
- Preparing leaders for success in turbulent times
- How to drive transformation
- Cyber Security- what do Boards need to know?
- How to avoid micro management
- Preparing for the future – looking at succession planning, talent management, board composition, diversity
- How to get the best out of Board Meetings
- The relationship between the Chairman and the CEO
- The Board’s Role in Defining, Communicating, and Sustaining Corporate Culture
- The key to board effectiveness – the Board Secretary
For more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +971 4 554 7967
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST