GETTING THE BEST OUT OF BOARD COMMITTEES- AUDIT, RISK, NOMINATION & REMUNERATION
30 -31 January 2018
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
For a Board of Directors to do its work effectively, it is necessary that members understand their individual responsibilities and that the board organizes itself to perform the necessary tasks effectively. Board committees constitute an important element of this governance process and should be established with clearly agreed reporting procedures and a written scope of authority.
This 2 day interactive workshop will cover:
• What is required by regulation and codes
• Setting up Board Committees
• Composition of the Committees
• Objectives, purpose and activities
• Powers and lifespan of the Committee
• How the Committee reports to the Board
• Should the Committees be evaluated?
• Does sitting on a Committee mean extra legal liability?
• And we will look at the specific roles and responsibilities of the:
• Audit Committee
• Risk Committee
• Nomination Committee
• Remuneration Committee
• Executive Committee, Advisory Committee and others
In collaboration with PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal Middle East, Governance & Compliance
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for senior board directors, board secretaries or C Suite Executives who sit on a Board or who report to the Board.
Price per person for 2 day workshop
Members USD 3780
Non-Members USD 4200
Prices exclude VAT
Special rates are available for companies wishing to purchase multiple seats – please ask us for more information.
All participants who complete our workshops also currently receive free membership of GCC Board Directors Institute for one year.