Improving your Company’s Governance Workshop
7 – 8 May 2018
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This workshop has been designed for senior managers who have responsibility for the effective governance of their organizations. Typically, they may have responsibility for:
- leading and advising on best practices in governance, enterprise risk management and compliance
- ensuring effective board practices (in association with the Chair of the Board)
- maintaining an effective risk management system
- ensuring legal compliance
- promoting standards of ethical and corporate behaviour to safeguard organizational integrity
- balancing the interests of the board, management and other stakeholders.
This two-day interactive workshop has been designed for senior managers wishing to improve their knowledge and skills of governance. This two-day workshop offers a comprehensive overview of the duties of Governance Officers as follows:
- Overview of the duties of the Governance Officer
- Governance, enterprise risk management and compliance responsibilities
- Effective management of relationships
- Ethics and corporate responsibility
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for:
- experienced governance practitioners
- senior managers who have recently been allocated governance responsibilities
- board directors wishing to keep up to date with the latest corporate governance best practices.
Facilitator – Dr Chris Pierce
Chris is currently involved in developing the status of the Corporate Governance Professional in a number of different countries in association with the UK Institute of Company Secretaries – the Governance Institute.
He has written many books. He is currently revising “Corporate Governance in the Gulf” that was originally published in 2012. The revised edition will be published in early 2018.
In 2014, he was awarded the Bertin Medal in Sweden by the International Academy of Quality for his contribution to corporate governance globally over the last decade.
Chris has a PhD. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators, a Fellow of the Caux Round Table and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
PROGRAMME – DAY ONE
- An overview of corporate governance and latest best practices
- The duties of governance officers (to include governance, enterprise risk management and compliance responsibilities)
- The latest trends in corporate governance (to include sustainability and integrated reporting)
Governance Frameworks and Structures
- Maintaining an appropriate company governance structure (including subsidiaries and joint ventures)
- The formulation and maintenance of policies and procedures
Accountability, Stewardship and Compliance
- Corporate reporting
- The effective management of external relationships: interacting with shareholders, the Regulator etc
- The control environment (including internal controls, internal audit, the audit committee, the regulatory framework and the compliance function)
- Risk identification and mitigation
- The governance of risk best practices (to include business continuity and disaster recovery planning)
The Board and Senior Management
- The Governance Officer’s relationship with the board, directors and board committees
- Board etiquette, protocol and dynamics and the administration of general meetings of shareholders, board meetings and committee meetings
- The Governance Officer and board evaluation
- How to best serve and support the board
- The Governance Officer and the senior management team. The effective management of internal relationships: interacting with CEO, CFO, risk, compliance, internal audit, board secretary, investor relations, etc
- Document retention, information flows, information security and the governance of information
- The Governance Officer and the effective use of technology
- Ethics and “the moral compass”
- Corporate governance best practices and implementing these within your organisation
- The Governance Officer: building your toolkit for the job – issues and problems and how to overcome them
Price per person for 2 day workshop
Members USD 3780
Non-Members USD 4200
Prices exclude VAT
Special rates are available for companies wishing to purchase multiple seats – please ask us for more information.
All participants who complete our workshops also receive free Associate Membership of GCC Board Directors Institute and have access to the additional paid benefits of a full Member
Or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 554 7967
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST