The Effective Director Workshop
24-25 September 2019, Riyadh – KSA
This part of “The World of Directorship – Certificate in Board Directorship” examines the role, authority and legal responsibilities of an effective director.
The topics that this module will cover include:
- Director role and responsibilities to include the role of the Chairman, Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors (including Independent Directors and Nominated Directors).
- Director legal duties and the law and regulations impacting upon directors.
- Managing versus directing.
- The role and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Head of Internal Audit and the Board Secretary.
- Key dilemmas facing directors.
- Directors’ rights, duties, liabilities and roles.
- Chairman and CEO role separation.
- The attributes of an effective director.
- Director diversity and board structure and composition: the balanced board (including succession planning).
- Board processes and protocols.
- Board committees and committee oversight.
By the end of the module the participant should be able to:
- Describe the board’s governance roles and responsibilities.
- Understand the different board roles including the role of the Chairman, Executive Directors and Non-Executive Directors (including Independent Directors and Nominated Directors).
- Understand the roles of the Chief Executive Officer, other Executives and the Board Secretary
- Identify the key laws and regulations impacting upon directors with particular reference to duties, responsibilities and liabilities
- Differentiate managing versus directing
- Identifying key dilemmas facing the board and making suggestions as to how these might be addressed.
- Discuss the role separation of chairman and CEO.
- Identify the characteristics and benefits of a balanced board.
- Describe good practices associated with board committees.
Price per person for 2 day workshop
GCC BDI Members USD 3780
Non-Member USD 4200
Prices exclude VAT
For more information:
Tel: +971 4 554 7967
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST