Our organisation has recently unveiled two exciting new membership packages with more benefits for you
With over 700 alumni members on its books, the GCC Board Directors Institute (GCC BDI) is the leading organisation in the Gulf for boards and directors today.
To build on this success, the organisation is embarking on a new phase of development, which includes:
– Running more director workshops for GCC boards
– Increasing networking options
– Deepening research capabilities
– Spearheading thought leadership
This development plan has been designed in line with members’ feedback and global benchmarks to ensure that our institute remains in the top tier globally. To sustain this new phase of development, the GCC BDI has introduced changes to its membership programme, effective from 1 February 2017. From this date, GCC BDI is offering two types of membership schemes: Alumni and Corporate.
ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMME
In order to qualify to become an Alumni Member, new applicants will still need to attend one of our Director Development Programme workshops (an open or tailored in-house workshop) and membership will be free for the first year.
To ensure the long-term development and sustainability of the GCC BDI, a membership fee of USD 750 per annum will now be introduced for those who have already enjoyed one year’s free membership. A special introductory offer of USD 500 for the first year is available for those members who sign up before 30 April 2017.
Alumni Membership benefits
– Alumni Members will be entitled to use the designation AL.GCCBDI after their names
– Access to the Global Network of Directors Institutes Passport providing you with more director information and the ability to network with directors from other institutes around the world
– Invitations to GCC BDI events, including our Alumni Networking Dinners
– Access to the ‘Members Only’ area on our new website including a Members’ Directory and a Directors’ Documentation Centre
– Priority booking and reduced rates (up to 10 per cent) on our open enrolment workshops and CPD points
– Free introductory one hour sessions and up to 40 per cent discounts on director and executive coaching sessions
– Free listing on our Directors’ Register for Independent Directors
Knowledge and information
– Free information and guidance services
– Our quarterly Al Majlis newsletter
– GCC BDI surveys and reports
– Reduced subscription for Proxy Watch Arabia weekly newsletter
Business and lifestyle
– Special rates at the Ritz Carlton Dubai – DIFC
– 25 per cent discounts on the joining fee for membership of the Captain’s Club Dubai and Bahrain
– 10 per cent discounts on cruises and ad hoc travel specials
– 10 per cent discounts on spa treatments when pre-booked at the Burj Al Arab. Plus a complimentary 60-minute massage and a 60-minute personal training session when purchasing an annual Fitness Membership Plan
These benefits alone are worth more than USD 1,500 and we will continue to add more benefits to the GCC BDI Membership Programme on an ongoing basis.
NEW CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMME
For the first time, the GCC BDI is introducing a Corporate Membership package.
Through the corporate membership scheme, your organisation can become a Corporate Member of GCC Board directors Institute and sign up your board members and C-Suite as individual members. Your company will benefit from special membership advantages, while each registered individual Corporate Member from your organisation will enjoy individual benefits.
Corporate benefits include:
• 10 per cent discount on membership
• 10 per cent discount on GCC BDI open and tailored in-house workshops
• 10 per cent discount on GCC BDI board evaluations, corporate governance assessments and scorecards
• 10 per cent discount on participation costs of board directors remuneration surveys
• An annual corporate secretary refresher workshop
• 7.5 per cent reduction on Directors and Officers liability insurance
The company is able to transfer membership, i.e. should anyone currently allocated membership leave the organisation, the organisation may then replace that person within the membership term. Corporate Membership is paid for and coordinated by the company (usually by the board secretary) on behalf of all company Corporate Members. Only one invoice is sent to the designated contact person so that the members do not need to handle their own administration and renewals.
The company’s nominated individual members will become Corporate Members and will also be able to avail the updated Alumni Membership benefits listed above.
Corporate membership rates are as follows:
Up to 8 Board Directors and C Suite Members USD 5400
9-12 Board Directors and C Suite Members USD 7920
13-15 Board Directors and C Suite Members USD 9565
16-20 Board Directors and C Suite Members USD 12000
We look forward to welcoming you aboard our continuing journey in growing the GCC’s business landscape and forging networking opportunities for industry leaders.
COMMENTS ARE OFF THIS POST